This is pretty old, and I can't quite remember what sparked it or where I was going with it, but I would like some thoughts and input. I probably don't completely agree with it now, and I don't like to reread and reprocess old thoughts, so I want outside opinions.
In a large enough collection of randomly arranged points, an infinite sea of chance, chaos, and free will, patterns emerge. In any collection of randomness there will be patterns, because of the finite nature of existence. The reason infinity seems so likely is we do not exist on a large enough plane to accurately observe the emergence of patterns in a plane that is larger than that of our own existence.
π- 3.14159265358979323846…
In this particular string of numbers, the ever elusive circumference of a perfect circle, no pattern has ever been found. Even when subjected to the rigorous and non-stop calculations of the most advanced super-computers, no results are unearthed. Why is our scope not large enough to perceive the repetitions that nature dictates must exist. Why is the circle, a simple shape, so enigmatic? How does infinity exist when our entire universe is on a preprogrammed plummet ending in it's total destruction? Infinity is not in the code, it cannot be, as time itself cannot even run indefinitely.
Even the Mona Lisa is falling apart. We all falter, everything crumbles, deteriorates, grinds to it's most basic form and then takes the path of a supernova, dividing upon itself until nothing is left, dividing the basic parts, and dividing them, and so on... infinitely? Is there a small enough subdivision with which nothing can possibly cease to exist? It is said that matter cannot be destroyed, but why not? How is matter infinitely divisible upon itself?
oops.
15 years ago

1 comment:
wow. thats all i can say. wow.
Post a Comment